We all have anger.
What do we do with it? Or what is it doing with us?
Transforming Anger is an evening of learning, discussion & reflection led by Fr. Jim Paradis in the Lower Shrine Chapel. Learn how to constructively manage anger by responding in healthy, reasonable ways. Understand what anger is from multiple aspects of human development: cognitive, emotional, relational, and moral. This evening will allow you to:
• Examine your emotional intelligence, how you identify and recognize the causes of anger.
• Understand your experience of anger and the fallout, like "trigger thoughts"
• Identify escalation of anger and other behaviors
• Learn about our "primitive brain" versus our "evolved brain" in facing anger
• Understand the role of shame.
• Learn techniques for calming down and asking for what you need
• and more